Saturday, May 19, 2012

Excuses, Excuses...

Alright, so I know I've been neglecting this poor blog lately, but I have a few good excuses. One is schoolwork -- my main goal in life right now is to finish all of my schoolwork so I can take the SAT this autumn and start applying to colleges. *crosses fingers*

Two, we just got back from the beautiful Outer Banks of North Carolina! We spent a whole week with my mom's side of the family, and we had a blast. Aside from a little bit of sunburn on those who absolutely refuse to wear sunscreen. *whistles innocently* And the fact that we didn't get to take our annual ferry ride to Ocracoke Island because they were "shoaling" the Hatteras Channel. :( Apparently the government didn't give them enough money to properly shoal earlier in the year, so ferries were getting stuck out in the middle of the water, sometimes for hours. Obviously my parent's didn't want to be stuck out in the ocean in a car with six kids, two of whom are still in diapers. But later in the week we got to go to the aquarium (Hobbit* loved getting to see "Nemo" and "Dory"), the "Life is Good" store, the reenactments at Roanoke Island, and of course hang out with the family.

*In case you were wondering, whenever I refer to one of my family members, I'll use a nickname. As a point of reference, here they are in order from my dad to my youngest brother:

Dad - Aragorn

Mom - Arwen

Me :-)

Bro #1: Gandalf

Bro #2: Pippin

Sis #1: Galadriel

Sis #2: Hobbit

Bro #3: Samwise

So! Just a quick post for now, since I have to go babysit in about an hour. It'll just be the youngest girl today, so I foresee a nice relaxing afternoon. :) Later on I have an idea for a post explaining why J. R. R. Tolkien is better than C. S. Lewis. So stay tuned!

~Grace

No comments: