Tuesday, October 30, 2012

And this is crazy, but here's my novel...

So NaNo, Maybe?

Hey y'all, sorry for the lack of posting...the AC adapter to my laptop broke (*shudders from the memory*), so I've had to (try to) use the family computer in the meanwhile.

But now, I'm back! I have a new AC adapter! Aren't you happy for me? I know I am.

And now, it's almost the end of October! How did that happen? I accomplished maybe (n)one of my goals for this month...ah well. Better luck when I'm 82.

But there are more important things to worry about! College applications! Thousands of essay scholarship contests! SAT prep for December and January!

AND NATIONAL NOVEL WRITING MONTH. *cue dramatic orchestra blast*

That's right, November is the month of madness, where Wrimo's everywhere beat their brains into a throbbing pulp (ewwww....) in order to put 50,000 words of a novel onto paper. Or screen. Somewhere.

I have done this for the past three years, so somehow it doesn't seem quite right to miss out this year. But do I have time??

I hope so.

Because, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness or in health, I'm going to go for it.

So call me crazy. ;)

~Grace

P.S. I will be writing another post for a few days from now about a rather dramatic change in my plans for after college. *rolls eyes* I guess I did it again...

P.P.S. I bet you're wondering why I'm using so many song references in this post. The answer is...because I feel like it. ;)

1 comment:

Grace M. said...

CLARIFICATION NOTICE:

I won't be doing the whole 50k after all...in fact, I probably won't write more than a couple thousand words...but hey, it's NaNo, right? ;)