Friday, March 22, 2013

I promise...

This will be my last "complaining post" for awhile! I'm sure y'all are getting tired of reading them!

Actually this is more of a prayer request post, and a selfish one at that. :P

The other day a friend and I were talking about high school and the terrors thereof, and he asked me (joking) what I was going to do with myself after I graduate.

And I realized something. I haven't the faintest idea.

I mean, I know I'm going to have work and there are a million books I want to read and other classes I want to take, and I'm 99% sure of where I'm going to be taking college courses this coming academic year.

But what's next? After school? What am I going to do with my life? I love to write, I love music, I love theology, I love helping people, I love teaching, but I'm wondering if I'm good enough at any of those things to actually make a career out of one of them.

Then I tell myself to shut up and if I'm not happy with my skill level now I need to stop wasting time complaining and practice, gosh darn it. ;-)

So I guess I'm asking for prayers just to keep that mindset, instead of the pessimistic one that's been looming in a threatening manner for the past few days. :-)

For next week, I have a few political/philosophical posts coming up. Thank you bearing with me!

~Grace

No comments: