Thanks to Emily over at Emily in the Real World for awarding me the Liebster Blog Award!!! :D Here's the info behind the award:
The award is for bloggers who are nominated by others as their favorite blogs. (Me: *sheepish grin*) They must have less than 200 followers and nominees must follow these rules:
1) Post eleven facts about yourself.
2) Answer the questions posted by the nominator.
3) Pass the award on to eleven new recipients.
4) Pose 11 new questions to your bloggers.
5)Post a copy of the badge on your blog (type “Liebster Award” into Google images; you’ll find plenty to choose from). Notify nominees and include links to the originating blog, as well as the new recipients.
So...*shuffes feet* Facts about myself? Ok. Umm.
1) I taught myself to read when I was 4 years old.
2) I enjoy listening and watching other people rather than having the attention focused on me (which is why I have a blog, right? :P)
3) All of my favorite authors have been dead for at least the last several decades. With one exception for Regina Doman and the author of "Divergent" whose name escapes me at the moment...
4) I really love debating as long as everyone uses logic and it doesn't turn into a shouting match.
5) I love watching old movies and British TV sitcoms (Fawlty Towers, Yes, Minister, etc.)
6) I love swimming in the ocean (even when it's freezing and it makes my toes go numb)
7) I always sing in the shower as loudly as possible (I'm so considerate, eh?)
8) When I was little I wanted to be holy hermit in my backyard.
9) I have taken martial arts since I was 5 years old.
10) (Almost there!) I have written the first drafts to three novels, one of which will never be finished and the other two...hopefully sometime before I head off to college. :)
11) I don't have a Facebook page. Yet. ;)
And here are the questions!
1) What is something that you loved to do as a kid but would be mortified to do now? I would act like I was a heroine in a fairy tale (literally) and I would talk to myself and act out all the parts and usually I would end up using my little brothers as the dragon/evil knight/noble steed. :D
2) If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
3) What is your favorite way to spend a rainy day? Reading, writing, singing, or playing piano. I am melodramatic that way. ;)
4) What is an unusual skill you possess? I can wiggle each of my eyebrows independently. And I can curl my tongue. And wiggle my ears. And touch my nose with my tongue.
5) Would you rather have toasters for hands or have a donkey follow you around
6) What is the scariest thing you ever did? Invite a guy to Mass last Monday (he came!! :D) (Side note: I am not usually in favor of the gal asking to guy to events, but it technically wasn't a date, so I figured it was okay)
7) What is your dream job? Being an author/journalist/stay-at-home-mom :)
8) What actress would you want to portray you in a movie adaptation of your life? (Again, another interview question.) Oh dear...Alice Englert?
9) What is your pet peeve? People pronouncing words incorrectly. As in, putting the accent on the wrong syllable? It's like NAILS ON A CHALK BOARD, PEOPLE. o.O
10) Hot or cold pizza? Both :D
11) Did you have a celebrity crush? Who is it? Did, or do? Haha. I actually don't really have one at the moment. Although this guy...
And there you have it! And now for my nominations...
Emily at Emily in the Real World
Camryn at Interstellar Mac
Mae at Imaginations of a Princess
Victoria at Sunlight and Shadow
Rose M. at The Golden Road (I know you are taking a break from blogging for awhile, but this'll be waiting for you when you come back :))
And here are the questions for you lovely ladies...*rubs hands together*
1) If you had one chance to change the world, what/how would you do it? (muahaha. Nothing like opening up with a kicker)
2) What's your favorite TV show?
3) Favorite movie?
4) Favorite singer/band?
5) What's your least favorite chore to do?
6) What do you do when you're feeling down?
7) Who is your least favorite author?
8) What do you think of these questions so far? ;)
9) What is your dream job?
10) If you have read the Fairy Tale Novel series by Regina Doman, which book was your favorite? If not, what is your favorite book series?
11) What's your least favorite child's TV show? ;)
Yay! Thanks, Emily!!! :D