Monday, August 6, 2012

I promise not to cough on you...

Sneezes, however, are an entirely different matter.

So, this weekend we've all been fighting off a cold. One of the few disadvantages to being part of a large family is the length of time it takes any illness to completely run its course. Once one of us has it, the rest of us just have to wait with bated breath (sometimes literally, in the mad hope that we don't catch it) for our turn to hog the couch all to ourselves and drink gallons of Theraflu (or peppermint tea, if you're under twelve). 

Occasionally we'll get lucky and somehow manage to get through it without it escalating to full-on-epidemic status. But not this time. Another bummer is the fact that I didn't get to start my job with Little Guy this past Thursday/Friday since he isn't able to be around any kind of cold/flu/etc. :-(

Aaaannnnndddd.........

My parents are gone. As in, not home. For the first time in our lives (well, since I was four), my parents have gone on a road-trip!!!!!!! By themselves!!!! I'm very excited for them, because they rarely get a chance to have more than forty-five minutes of uninterrupted together-ness at any given time.  And their destination is the home of my godparents, whom they haven't seen in over a year and a half. My godparents were my parents best friends in college, and somehow they've managed to stay in touch over the past twenty-odd years, despite differing lifestyles, so it's good they're having a chance to hang out with them.

However, that means I somehow have to figure out how to keep four cranky, coughing and croaking children from eating each other (or me) for the next 36 hours. So far they've been content just to lie about and watch TV/movies. So I'll probably be posting quite a few movie reviews later this week. ;-) I've had some in the works since I got back from Hannah's, though, so it'll be a bit of a movie-review-dump. I apologize. ;-) I bought the movie "Rio" to watch this evening as a surprise, but I've never seen it before, so I'm hoping it's good. It IS rated "G," which is promising in and of itself, considering most children's movies these days are a solid "PG." I'll let you know how it turns out. ;-)

Right now it sounds like "Curious George" is on, so I think I'll just go back to watching the Lizzie Bennet Diaries (on YouTube: check them out if you haven't already!!!!) and drinking Theraflu. Have a good Monday!!


~Grace

No comments: