Saturday, August 11, 2012

Please pray...

Well this week went by like a run-away train! Has anyone else noticed (and been slightly unsettled by the fact) that time seems to be flying by unusually quickly? I hope it's not just me, because if this is the case, I might have bigger issues than I thought. ;-)

I finished my last day as a full-time attendant for my Down Syndrome little guy (*sniffles/sobs*), but like I said, I'll still be working as a respite-care provider for him (translated: part-time attendant). And I started working with Little Guy this past Thursday/Friday! (Sorry bud, I promise I'll come up with a better nickname for you soon). He's sooooooo sweet!!!! I'd be perfectly happy just to sit in on the couch and cuddle him for the entire time I'm over there. But I learned some therapy techniques with him, and gave him a bath and took him for a walk, and sang and read a TON of books. Nice work, if you can get it. ;-)

Some not-so-nice news we got this week concerns my other "family" -- the one I've been working for for the past three years -- and their little girl. We had been suspecting that she was somewhere on the autism spectrum for a long time now, but she was just officially diagnosed with autism this past Friday. It wasn't a huge shock, but the announcement was still hard to deal with, especially for her mom. I felt worse for her more than for the little girl, because I feel like now that we know for sure, we can start looking at ways to help her. So if y'all could say a quick prayer for her and her family as they try to figure things out, I would much appreciate it. :-)

And because I haven't practiced piano AT ALL this week, (except for at Izzy's this morning...but that wasn't really practice, since it was all "Phantom of the Opera" music..teehee!) that's what I'm going to do now. Hope y'all have a great weekend!

~Grace

No comments: