Saturday, September 1, 2012

Somebody goofed...

Oh the joys.

One of the great things about being paid on a Medicaid waiver is that I make over $10/hour. The bad thing about being paid on a Medicaid waiver is that it means the state of Virginia is paying me (and every other attendant on this particular waiver who works in Virginia).

Which means they have a lot of paperwork to shuffle everyday (the poor little dears).

Which means that sometimes they lose the paperwork that they need to issue my paycheck.

Which means I don't get my paycheck.

Which means no piano lessons or college courses!


Now, I usually try to avoid (sometimes at all costs) talking on the phone, unless I know the other person really well, because so many people mumble! And it drives me nuts because then I can't understand them. Huff. Plus I feel like an email is less intrusive? Because then they can get to it at their convenience (aren't I a nice person? ;D).

However.

The niceness ends when you don't pay me.

Just kidding. I don't send out the ninja monkeys. But when I call you to ask what the heck happened to my paperwork, I expect you to be able to give me a clear answer.

Girl at agency: Hi! How can I help you today?

Me: Hi, I'm just calling to ask about a missing paycheck? It was supposed to have been sent out two weeks ago, but I still haven't gotten it.

Girl: *sounding slightly confused* Umm...hang on just a second, let me check our records...*sound of clicking/typing in the background* I have a record of a check right here that is good to pay for this Friday? It's for 6.2 hours, is that correct?

Me: *thinking* that sounds right...*saying* Is it respite care?

Girl: Yes.

Me: There should be an attendant one too...

Girl: Ummm....I don't see one. I would just submit that one again.

Me: *thinking* Uhhh...okay? *saying* Alright...are you sure you don't see it?

Girl: Yeah I don't see it anywhere.

So I get off the phone, my computer FINALLY decides to load the webpage that shows all of my timesheets, and I realize she was looking at the WRONG consumer! *bangs head against keyboard* So I had to call her back.

Long story short, she stopped the payment on the old check and issued me a new one, which should be here Monday. But really. How hard is it to write a check and mail it to somebody??

~Grace

No comments: